Best Design Competition for the Permanent Exhibition and the Auxiliary Spaces of NMHRJH
”Elie Wiesel” National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania announces the organization of a solution contest regarding the design of the permanent exhibition and the auxiliary spaces of the National Museum of the History of the Romanian Jewry and the Holocaust.
In September 2016, by Government Decision no. 625/2016, the “Elie Wiesel” National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania was tasked with the organization, coordination, and creation of the National Museum of the History of the Romanian Jewry and the Holocaust.
The purpose of the National Museum of the History of the Romanian Jewry and the Holocaust is to present and promote the history, culture, and traditions of the Jewish communities in Romania and to educate local and international audiences on this national minority’s contributions to the evolution and development of Romanian society over time.
Moreover, the activity of the future institution will include a major educational component, the central elements of which will be to protect the memory of the Holocaust victims and to promote non-discrimination.
Location: the museum will be set up in the historic center of the City of Bucharest. It will be housed in one of the most representative historic-monument buildings for this urban area with architectural neoclassical features with eclectic elements. The “Dacia” Palace.
Schedule of the best design competition
|The launch of the competition
|Deadline of the registration for the visit to the site
|Visit to the site
|01.10.2018, 11 am (GMT + 2)
|Deadline of receiving the questions
|Deadline of answering to the received questions
|Deadline for submitting the projects
|21.11.2018, 4 pm (GMT +2)
|Assessment by the reception secretariat
|Preliminary assessment of the projects (checking by the technical committee)
|Jury`s assessment of the projects
|Publishing the results of the jury`s assessment
|Deadline for filing the appeals
Documentation of the competition:
- Tender book– information regarding the theme of the competition
- Regulations– the organization, the deployment of the competition, contest timeline, use of the projects etc.
- The Narrative – of The Permanent Exhibition
- Timeline of the Permanent Exhibition
Necessary forms for the participation at the competition:
- Form no. 1- Registration form – Legal person/ editable
- Form no. 1- Registration form- Individuals & Individual Architecture office/ editable
- Form no. 2- Association agreement / editable
- Form no. 3- Financial Tender form /editable
- Request for refund
- Contract for design project
- European Single Procurement Document (ESPD)
- Historical-Architectural Study Of The National Museum
- Report Of Technical Expertise
- Support Plans Of The Building / Plans (dwg)
Questions and answers
CANCELLATION OF THE COMPETITION
The ”Elie Wiesel” National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania informs on the cancellation of the best design competition for the permanent exhibition and the auxiliary spaces of the National Museum of the Romanian Jewry and the Holocaust.
The reason for the cancellation: the „Elie Wiesel” Institute has no longer under administration the building that was the subject of the present best design competition, and that was initially designated to be the headquarter of the National Museum of the History of the Romanian Jewry and the Holocaust.